Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Home Made Laundry Detergent {H.E Safe}

I have been a tad bit busy in my day to day Mama duties so I have slacked a little with my blog.  I have been also working on my etsy site!  It is mcvaysnest@etsy.com if you want to check it out!

Here is what you will need for your ingredients { all found in the Wal-mart} detergent isle

Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda- half a box
Borax Detergent Booster- half a box
Bar of Fels-Naptha heavy duty laundry soap or I used pink Zote Soap, I liked the scent and color - half a bar grated or cut up in chunks and added to a food processor
Purex Crystals - entire bottle in your chosen scent
Arm and Hammer Baking Soda- half a box

The initial products to make this cost about $15 but this will far outlast any pre-made Tide, All, Gain etc .

You can do the entire batch instead of 1/2 boxes but the recipe I used made a ton so I just saved my remaining ingredients for a second batch later.

I used my food processor and cubed up the soap before I processed it vs using the grater.  I thought this sped the process up quite a bit ( I have no patience). 

I dumped all of the ingredients into a plastic tote so I could incorporate them well and then poured them into a screw top container I got from the Dollar Tree. 
Isn't it pretty??


Use 2tbsp per regular load or 4 tbsp for a heavy duty.  Don't be alarmed when you see it does not produce suds.  It is supposed to react that way.  That's because it's not filled with chemical junk! 

Enjoy! I know I really like it.  I even gifted some for my sister's and Mom at Easter with the recipe attached in case they feel a little DIY.



No comments:

Post a Comment