Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snowy Peppermint Play Dough

Sloan and Avary LOVE play dough, and I mean LOVE...
  I got so tired of the play dough plastic containers that were hard to open and close for their little hands that I decided to make our own.  I wanted something wintery ( is that a real word)??
 I came up with the recipe I always use and just added peppermint extract and some glitter. (It's hard to capture the glitter with the camera)
 
1 Cup Flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup water
food coloring ( or keep it original)

Heat the oil in a pot. Remove from the heat and add food coloring and water.( I do this so the food coloring mixes evenly)  Stir in all other ingredients. Continue to cook over low heat until mixture is firm, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat, and set clay mixture on wax paper to cool.
Store in an airtight container

We made blue, pink and the original was a creamy white.  I tell ya what...  It smells up the whole kitchen when the girls play with it, and I love the little twinkle of glitter :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment