Friday, August 23, 2013

Dollar Tree Fall letter fun

I wanted to post a really quick project I did in record time... ( like 5 minutes) seriously... CUTE!

Dollar Tree had these cute little pumpkin magnets that I thought would be adorable for Hudson to play with on our entry way door.

 I thought I would add his name on them for a little letter recognition fun. I realize he is not quite 2 but I think starting early never hurts :)

I think my local DT just started to put out our fall stuff so check yours soon if you don't see them quite yet.

 
They are about 3 inches tall and maybe 2 inches wide, the picture makes them look really small but they are super cute!
 
Then I just took a black Sharpie and wrote his name on each letter.  I tore one by accident so I pitched it, you might have to purchase more than one package depending on the length of your child's name.  You could have a lot of fun with these and write the alphabet, numbers, etc.  Older kids could even build up sight words!
 
 
*Here is a little tip too- I didn't like the way I wrote my U so I took some Isopropyl Alcohol and a cotton pad and wiped off the Sharpie and it came right off for me to start again!  Pretty sweet!!  All the more reason I "need" a vinyl cutting machine :) LOL
 
Have fun!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment