Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pony bead ornaments

Sloan and I were trying to figure out what we could do with all the beads we had in our craft drawer.  Instead of stringing a necklace all the way to China, we decided to try making ornaments or suncatchers. I think we will try our heart cookie cutters with pink, clear and red beads for Valentine's Day!


  For the project you will need:
Pony bead ( clear and colored )
regular muffin tin
drill and bit
ribbon
oven
crack a few windows :) Or not, I didn't think it gave off fumes at all but use your best judgement


Step 1 - Preheat your oven to 400 degrees,  take the beads and sprinkle them into the muffin tin to cover the bottom of each compartment.  You can make patterns or sprinkle them random, have fun with it.

 
Step 2- Place in the 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  Check on the beads once and awhile to ensure they are melting and when to take them out of the oven.
 
 
See the melted beads? Pretty!
 
Step 3- Let these babies cool off. I cheated and set mine outside to harden faster.  Once hardened just turn the pan upside down and tap them out.  You will have perfect little circles! I took my drill and put a hole at the top to string ribbon through :)
I tied some onto Christmas gifts and put some with tiny suction cups to have as suncatchers
 
Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment