Monday, January 9, 2012

Betsy McCall Magnetic Paper Dolls

I was looking for games that I could make that would travel well without having the girls drop the pieces all over in the van.  After searching a bit I saw this site that had this tutorial.  http://www.tealandlime.com/2011/07/magnetic-paper-dolls/ I really enjoyed reading this so I went to work to try and make our very own. 

You will need the following = home printer, magnetic paper (found mine for $7.99 for 3, 8.5 x 11 sheets at Michaels) I used my weekly coupon and got it for 40% off, sharp small craft scissors, and a tin ( got mine at Michaels) I choose a plain one to decorate, and a medium sized rectangle one so I can add to their collection,  foam stickers or ribbon etc. to decorate your tin.

I started by going to http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/dolls/pd_scans/betsy_mccall/index.html to print my dolls.  I choose the earlier years since I liked the vintage look and the frilly dresses.  I took my magnetic paper and loaded it into the printer and printed my dolls. I had it work great, but I also know that it depends on your printer too.  If for some reason it doesn't work you can always take regular paper to print the dolls and glue them to the magnet paper. This will produce less waste too, but I took the shorter route. 
Cut your dolls out, put in your tin and decorate!
 This is the second set I have made.  The first set I gave as a gift to Doodle Bug's best friend and she loved it :) 
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment